Thursday, February 21, 2013

Return to Harmony

Today there is a mom-in-training. I'm sick of blowing up at my kids and being upset and irritated all the time. I'm tired of the fact they don't respond anymore until I get upset. 

So we had a chat this morning, and we're spending the day doing extra jobs around the house to focus in on them obeying right away--even odd things that don't seem to make sense. I randomly in the middle of something told one child to run down the hall and come back. Or I'll randomly just say "sit down" just to make sure they'll do it right away. 

While focusing on their response, I'm focusing on myself and my response. Making sure I don't get upset and making sure I immediately correct them for not obeying right away. I know I've improperly trained both them and myself, and hopefully we can retrain ourselves. This isn't the first time I've made a decision to do this, but I am now determined and resolved to see this through so that we can once again have a peaceful and happy home.

No comments:

Post a Comment