Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Tasty Tuesday - Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

These are mine and Emma's favorite! I absolutely love pumpkin, and since my second pregnancy, I've also learned to love chocolate. Naturally, I altered the recipe, and you can view the original recipe here. I'm including the nuts on the recipe, but I've never actually made the cookies with the nuts. I might try it sometime, but for cost purposes (and DH's preferences) I haven't tried it yet.


Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 c canned pumpkin
1 c sugar
1/2 c vegetable oil
1 egg (replacer ) --Ener-G works, but I usually just add an extra 1/4c pumpkin

1 c AP flour
1 c WW flour
2 t baking powder
2 t cinnamon
1/2 t salt
1 t baking soda
1 t almond milk
1 T vanilla extract

1-2 c chocolate chips (I usually do closer to 1.5 just to make the chips last longer)
1/2 c chopped walnuts (optional)


1. Combine pumpkin, sugar, oil, and egg replacer.
2. In a separate bowl combine flour, powder, cinnamon, and salt.
3. Dissolve soda with milk and add to flour mixture. (I usually mess this step up and put the soda in the dry mix and add the milk to the wet. ...oops. Doesn't seem to make a big difference!)
4. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and mix well.
5. Add vanilla, chips, and nuts.
6. Drop by spoonful on greased (or paper lined) cookie sheet and bake at 350 F for approximately 10 mintues.


Note: Either my oven is off, or the time on the recipe is off. I'm voting for my oven since I have to adjust the cooking time on nearly everything I make. I bumped my oven temp up and these still took longer than 10 minutes.

These are a soft cookie, so be careful not to over bake!


I feel the need to note somewhere, and here as good a place as any, that I am definitely not a photographer! No matter what camera I have or how hard I try, I can not take a decent picture. But whether the picture looks good or not, these cookies are awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment