Thursday, June 17, 2010

Peach Cobbler Muffins with Streusel Topping

I shared this recipe on Facebook a few days ago, but decided to share it on here as well. Mainly so that I can find it when I want to use it again, since I'm bound to lose the copy I printed out! These were delicious! I actually made them using the blueberries that we picked last weekend instead of peaches. I also substituted whole wheat flour for half of the flour, and I didn't have pecans, so they got skipped. These were SO yummy! My husband love the crunchiness of the streusel on top. We will definitely be making these frequently. I just can't wait to get my hands on some decent tasting peaches. After growing up in peach country, it's hard to satisfy me with anything less than a fresh-picked peach!

Peach Cobbler Muffins

  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
  • 3 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 2 cups white sugar
  • 2 cups peeled, pitted, and chopped peaches (you can used drained canned peaches)

Directions

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease 16-18 muffin cups.

In the mixer, mix the oil, eggs, and sugar. In a large bowl, mix the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Add the flour to the oil mix until well incorporated. The batter will be thick! Fold in the peaches. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups. Bake 20-25 minutes in the preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before turning out onto wire racks to cool completely.

Pecan Streusel Topping Recipe

  • 2/3 cup brown sugar
  • 2/3 cup flour
  • 2/3 cup pecans, finely chopped, optional
  • 4 Tbsp butter (or margarine), softened
  • 1 tsp cinnamon

Mix together all of the above ingredients. Fingers work best. Sprinkle a TBSP on top of each muffin before you bake!

No comments:

Post a Comment